While setting up a new home theater system, there’s a lot to do. From picking the right place for the speakers to ensuring that the amplifiers are just right to getting all the connections right, it is quite a lot of work. In such cases, like in many others, we tend to forget the importance of cables. We just pick whatever we find and go with it without giving it so much thought.
Best Coaxial Cable For HDTV Antenna
Yes, we agree that even the best coaxial cable will not improve your experience but the right cables will ensure that you enjoy that experience for a long period of time. Coaxial cables for HDTV help maintain the signal and keep interference at bay, giving you the performance you deserve.
Let’s jump straight to the point now and look at some of the best coaxial cables for digital TVs:
1. AmazonBasics CL2-Rated HDTV Coaxial Cable
There’s no questioning the products that come from AmazonBasics. Almost each one of them has great reviews, and this coaxial cable is no different. Let’s see why you must buy it:
- It is a 75 OHM RG6 coaxial cable.
- It has F-type male connectors.
- It is versatile and can be used indoors, within walls, and outdoors.
- You can connect antennas, satellite receivers, cable modems, VCRs, and TVs with this cable.
- It has a solid center conductor and 3 layers of aluminum shielding, making it very durable.
- The easy-grip caps are removable. This means you can connect with ease without worrying about using additional tools to get the caps off.
- You can choose 1-pack or 4-pack based on your preferences. AmazonBasics offers a number of lengths from 4 feet to 100 feet as well.
2. Mediabridge HDTV Cable with F-Male Connectors – Tri-Shield CL2 RG6
Giving the AmazonBasics coaxial cable close competition is this amazing cable from Mediabridge. Mind you this is an Amazon’s Choice product with a plethora of great reviews. Let’s see what sets it apart:
Connect any devices F-Female connectors without any hassle whatsoever!
- It is a triple shielded RG6 cable, making it safe for outdoor and indoor use. However, if you plan to use it outdoors, you shouldn’t bury it directly. A conduit is needed.
- The manufacturers say that you can also use it within walls!
- The connectors are nickel plated.
- All cables have easy grip caps that you can remove when you don’t need them.
- The cable comes with a reusable Velcro strap so that storage when not in use is not shabby.
3. KabelDirekt Digital Coaxial Audio Video Cable – HDTV Satellite Cable Connectors
The cable connector from KabelDirekt is another good choice in an affordable price range. It uses oxygen-free copper to help you enjoy maximum signal strength. Let’s learn more about it:
- It is a double shielded cable.
- It comes with thick aluminum braiding insulation and alu-mylar foil.
- The oxygen-free copper also ensures that the cable doesn’t free much strain, prolonging its life considerably.
- It has F-type connectors, and you can use it for Male to Male televisions, VCRs, satellite television, antenna connectors, digital routers, and more.
- The connectors are gold-plated. This makes them resistant to corrosion and safe from interference.
- Users say that it is an extremely flexible cable, making it super easy to use.
4. GearIT Pro Series RG6 HDTV Cable
This coaxial cable from GearIT may not be as popular as the others on the list, but it definitely is worth checking. It has quite a few interesting features, which we shall discuss here:
- The manufacturers say that it is a high performance coaxial cable, which can be used with antennae, CATV, cable modem, off-air antenna, VCR, satellite receivers, and more.
- It comes with 18 AWG oxygen-free copper, UV resistant PVC jacket, and braided aluminum-magnesium alloy, providing protection from both radio frequency and electromagnetic interferences.
- It promises high-fidelity sound quality and minimal signal loss thanks to its dual-shielding technology.
- The company also offers a lifetime warranty.
- Many users love the fact that GearIT provides supreme quality at a surprisingly low price.
As you can see, there are plenty of choices, and there’s really no need to compromise even if you have a low budget.
Which one of these do you think is the best coaxial cable? We would love to hear your views. Do let us know through comments.